Types of Housing Assistance
The Crow Creek Housing Authority (CCHA) works in the community to meet the housing needs of local residents. Among the programs CCHA supports are:
- Subsidized Housing: Rent is based on your income. Income limits apply.
- Affordable Housing: Rent is based on a flat rent amount per bedroom size. Income limits apply for the household.
- Market-Rate Housing: Rents are based on the comparative market analysis. No income limits apply.
- Public Housing
- Section 8
The housing choice voucher program is a rental assistance program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program. Housing choice vouchers are administered locally by public housing agencies (PHA).
A family that is issued a housing voucher is responsible for finding a suitable housing unit of the family’s choice where the owner agrees to rent under the program. This unit may include the family’s present residence. Rental units must meet minimum standards of health and safety, as determined by the PHA.
The following table outlines income requirements for HUD eligibility.
|Extremely Low||Very Low||Low Income|
|Income 30% of Median||Income 50% of Median||Income 80% of Median|
|(Subsidized Housing)||(Section 8 Voucher)||(Public Housing)|
HUD eligibility requirements
The following is a list of eligibility requirements for residents utilizing HUD services:
- not a registered sex offender
- not convicted of methamphetamine manufacture or production on public housing premises
- Have not been evicted from federally assisted housing for drug-related criminal activity in the past 3 years
- Have not been evicted from federally assisted housing within the past 5 years
- Does not owe monies to any subsidized housing programs
- Cannot exceed income guidelines:
- 1 Person Family <= $20,000
- 2 Person Family <= $20,000
- 3 Person Family <= $20,000
- 4 Person Family <= $50,000
- 5 Person Family <= $50,000
- 6 Person Family <= $50,000
- 7 Person Family <= $50,000
- 8 Person Family <= $50,000